Hi Larry,

As always, thanks for your thoughts and input.  One area of rust that does
concern me a little, is on the lower rear bit, in front of the rear wheel.
Like the lower sill, which usually has that textured paint, as on our
W124s.  As always, it tends to go deeper than the outside would indicate,
but I'm not 100% of how it's constructed, ie, double skin.  I'm going back
for another look now.  I've always loved the SECs too, but I want to use my
head.  The market is so soft now, by the time I put this car right, I could
probably just spend a little more and get an original one.  I just have to
be honest about the work involved.  I tend to be one that ends up digger
deeper and always making them bigger projects than first planned!! ;-)

I'll keep you updated Larry.

Thanks again.

Ed
300E