On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 7:59 AM, E M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I've always loved the SECs too, but I want to use my
> head.  The market is so soft now, by the time I put this car right, I could
> probably just spend a little more and get an original one.

Yeah, nice V-8 126s and 140s are going for next to nothing now, if the
prices on Craigslist are any indicator.  Definitely a buyer's market,
so it's worth waiting for the right one. I was seriously thinking
about getting a 500SEL then decided I can't really justify another
"fun" car (and certainly don't want to do my commute (30 mi each way)
in something that gets 10 mpg downhill with a tailwind).

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo, '86 300E, et al.