Fisrt of all, Michelin has a $60 rebate on a set of four that ends on
5/31.  I would buy them.  They always balance with minimal wweights,
and they roll round.  On a cost per mile, you can justify a Michelin!
This one of the few tires I would buy in an S speed rating, such as the
Michelin X.

Whatever tire you buy, get the H rating, not so much for the 130MPH
speed rating, but because the stiffer sidewall affords better handling
in a crash avoidance situation.

I am of the opinion that Kuhmos are Not built with the same quality of
materials as your premium brands.  I had a set on my 95 Mustang and
lost 3 of them due to road damage in less than 6 months.  And the roads
are not that bad in Phoenix!  I must say the set then lasted 4 years
without a repeat incident.

I had a set of H rated Falkens (ZIEX)on my 79 300SD, because I had the
6 1/2" Bundts and wanted to use a 225/60X14 tire.
They worked well but at 4 years, 3 of them blew out, two of them on my
way to Starfest, Las Vegas.  Phoenix is a tough climate for rubber
anything and I would put a 5 year life on ANY brand tire, regardless of
how much tread remained!

Regards,

Jim in Phoenix