I've moved around a lot. Grew up in the Old Pueblo.

Have lived in Minnesota and Maryland and the Phoenix area too, and have
bounced back and forth between a few of these locations a few times.

Just searching for what to do with my life.

Now I've got some sort of roots as I'm married and we've bought a house
here.

I've found just about an equal mix of good and bad everywhere I've lived.
 Many factors.

Some things about Tucson I really miss - the high desert landscape. It's
home to me and I long for it. I hate some of the elements there though.
Guess I've been spoiled having lived in Rochester, MN followed by Bainbridge
Island WA - in that you don't get as many violent road rage encounters.

Shortly before I moved away from Tucson for the third time, I was driving my
brother's '70 Duster (340 4 speed) on a highway and a clown in a lowered,
pimped Altima cut me off. I honked at him and he decided to take me on. Got
back next to me and started engaging me in gestures and yelling for me to
pull over so he could beat my ass. I wanted nothing more than to give him
that chance, but by the looks of him and his partner, I knew there was a
good chance there would be gunplay, and I wasn't going to do it on his
terms. So in the end he wound up getting on my driver's side and he got my
attention by yelling "hey" at which point he threw a handful of gravel at my
face. Yes, he was prepared with gravel in his car.

So this just stands out as an example of the element that exists in my home
town these days that serves to mar my lovely image of the high desert. And
Tucson has always mimicked Phoenix, which has always mimicked California.

Brian