When I ran out of garage space, I bought a 12'x20' car storage
structure/shelter made of reasonably heavy metal frame-work and heavy
plastic cover and screw into the ground anchors.  Zipper doors on each end.
I placed a treated wood floor of 2"x6"'s over a couple of layers of plastic
onto the dirt earth.  That discourages bugs and moisture.  I built it behind
my permanent garage and inside a 6' fence.  Very little storm danger.  More
worry about falling branches, however.  I ran 110-120 volts out there for
lights and tools.  I placed the floor to end outside of the plastic cover.
Maybe 3" outside the plastic.  The first morning out there I found the
inside of the ceiling-roof covered with moisture which dripped down onto the
car.  In New England you have big fluctuations of temperature and relative
humidity.  I bought a 6" 110-120 volt ac fan and built it into the plastic
wall structure to expel the shelter air.  The fan has been running around
the clock for a number of years and keeps moisture from condensing on the
car etc.  It helps keep the car's metal temperature the same as the air
temperature resulting in no condensation.  Works great except, over a period
of weeks or months, you can see on the surface of a waxed clean car, a film
of New England pollution or film of something or other.  When my cover wears
out I will just buy another.  For me it was a good investment.  I would
advise buying one of good quality and not a cheap one since there are a
number of manufacturers on the market now.

Burt Anderson
Car Nut