-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Wonko the Sane
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:04 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Attorneys/divorce

<<<<  99% of married men live in stage 2.  >>>>

If that is true it is sad, because it is so easy to be happy [well, it does
take a team effort.]
That is another choice you get to make.  It's been a few years since I have
done any marriage counseling, but look at it this way:
- success leads to good feelings about ourselves and satisfaction [some of
the keys to being happy]
- happiness is a byproduct of satisfaction, and the most direct way to be
happy is by getting others to be happy [I know, I know, but this is the
simplified version]
- make your goal to make your spouse happy and that leads to you both being
happy, with lots of side benefits.
At some point the rocks in her head fit the holes in yours so you got
together.  Excepting some serious defrauding as to the reasons you got
together, you can be happy [again.]  I expend a bit less energy keeping my
darling wife happy as I did when we were dating, and the same attitudes now
serve to make marriage what I want it to be.  I am truly happy; IMHO almost
anyone can be.
End of speech [gets down off soapbox].
BillR