On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Should be an '04 Mini.  Seller claims it was a 1-owner trade-in resold
>>> by the Mini dealer at auction because it was too old to keep on the
>>> lot... want to see if she's telling me the truth.
>
> See if the Mini dealer transfered the title to the current dealer.
> If it's like Michigan, dealer to dealer transfers should be written
> on the paper title. It does seem odd that the Mini dealer didn't
> want this 2004 on their lot, to me that implies they either specialize
> in two year old used cars

I think that's the case... I have noticed that the BMW and Mercedes
dealers around here just don't keep used cars older than a couple of
years.  Limited space, I guess, and the kind of customers they want to
attract aren't the ones interested in cars too old to have a warranty.

>From Kaleb's Carfax, it looks like it could be one owner who just
moved a couple times and faithfully kept up the address changes with
the DMV in both California and Oregon.  I may go look at the car and
see if the records, if any, bear that out.  (Dealer stamps for
service, hopefully.)   Thanks, Kaleb!

Alex