From: Kris Gilmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] What would you do if diesel/gas cost $10/g (rim fire  ammo)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 5:18 PM

At 02:50 PM 6/21/2008, Curt wrote:
>I think he added a zero, after 100 yards .22LR performance drops
>RAPIDLY. I forget the drop at 100 yards but its substantial.

      About 8" for standard velocity IIRC.

>  At 300 yards you'd really be just lobbing bullets toward the
> target in a huge arc.

      True.  50 yards has always been accepted as the 22LR hunting
limit, both for accuracy and small game killing power.

                           (snip)

>For fun subsonic try
>http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=163096

      Beware.  I bought some of the Colibri 20gr and noticed when
reading the box they are only for handguns.  "When fired in
long-barreled firearms such as rifles, bullets may remain lodged
inside the long barrel."

      It is interesting that 22LR ammunition remains so cheap.  You
can buy those same crappy Remington 22s for $1.90 a box that I paid
$1.25 for sixty years ago at the local hardware store.  That was 3 or
4 hours of lawn mowing for a kid back then.

       Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

      Hearing a melody is hearing, having heard, and being about to
hear, all at once.