Fifty years ago, I was at home from Nebraska for a few days and sent wife
into town coupla miles to buy a 12" flat bastard file - 'planned to sharpen
rotary mower blade.  Guy at hardware store asked her, "What's he gonna do
with it?"  She drove all the way back to say, "He wants to know what ya
gonna do with it?"  After she heard my few choice words, she went back and
got the file.

Twenty years ago, using chain saw on a Sat afternoon to cut many trees,
bushes, etc., in our new-to-us yard, I asked wife (same fine young lady) to
go to a service station 'bout two blocks away any get "the cheapest quart of
motor oil they have" - 'planned to use it to lub chain.  Wife came back and
said, "They don't have any."  I said, "What, a service station doesn't have
motor oil!!??"  She said, "They said they don't have any ."

I jumped in the car and rushed to the service station; walked in and asked,
"Do you guys REALLY not have any motor oil?"  Service station guy said, "She
said you're gonna use it in a chain saw."  I replied, "I AM.  That's why I
want a quart of the cheapest you have - to lub chain!"

Wilton