In Dutch that would be:

node -> knooppunt, knoop of punt(object)
way -> lijn(object)
area -> vlak(object)

geometric primitives in GIS are point, line, polygon. I would prefer
to stick to this primitives when translating to dutch, even though the
translation is not completely according to what is now common in
OpenStreetMap (node, way, area)