At 04:03 PM 3/2/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Paul,
>
>I understand that there might be problems with the list server interface.
>I'd like to mention that some satisfaction might be had from helping to
>solve the problem. Since you understand the problem, you might be able to
>provide valuable insight to the maintainer to prevent it from happening
>again.

It's easy...the script just needs to set the Reply-To: to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
when broadcasting a list message to the subscribers. Otherwise users have 2
distasteful options:
1. Use "reply", change the address, occasionally forget, and
   sometimes have to resend; thus they send a message to both the
   list and some person from time to time.
2. Use "reply all", delete the extra address, occasionally forget,
   and thus they send a message to both the list and some person
   from time to time.

Either of those methods is tedious and error-prone. If you assume that all
human beings make mistakes from time to time, you deduce that the method in
use now *will* cause time and bandwidth wastage. Only under the unwarranted
and false assumption that all humans are perfect does the current system
make sense.

--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a