I tentatively conclude he is a recent Ph.D.

There are paper references to Ph.D.'s in library records of graduates,
Ph.D.'s awarded, I think.  Can someone in a university setting check on this?

Thank you, John R. Pierce, for your assistance so far.

Using http://www.switchboard.com/ I found

      Milstein, Dr Jaime   Los Angeles, CA  90016        (310)398-1139

 and a second entry that has a different phone number

      Milstein, Dr Jaime   Los Angeles, CA  90016        (310)398-8449

Maybe someone in the local 310 area can call and make inquiries.