David L Nicol wrote:

> > Have we any code gurus that can help us out here?  spike
>
> I'm not going to do this one.  Spike, if you search for base-64
> encoding libraries you'll find several you can slightly mutate to
> get what you want, similar to base64 (MIME) encoding as it is...

I thought of using one of the canned routines but any base that
is a factor of only 2 will give you the same uninteresting result:
a bunch of [symbol for 63] followed by a bunch of 0s.

I ashamed to admit my coding skills have so atrophied that I
am probably unable to modify a base64 to a base62. {8-[  spike