>We have been having quite a bit of discussion on what to do with
>Aaron's results, given that U.S. West claims that he didn't have
>premission to use the machines in question.

Maybe I can end this right now.

If you all think it's fair to remove the *credit* given to my user account,
then so be it.

Remember, neither I nor anyone else in the GIMPS project *should* be
concerned with "credit".  My goal was not one of ultimately becoming top
producer.  I saw what I thought was a decent way to help in the search for
new primes.  I knew I would be ineligible for the prize money since it
requires *written* authorization which I didn't have.  My only goal in this
was, honestly, to, if not find a new prime, then at least to help eliminate
thousands of other numbers from contention.

So if you feel it's worth removing the credit from my account, then so be
it.  Bear in mind that *none* of the US WEST computers actually completed an
LL test.  There were some machines running trial-factoring that had, of
course, finished up, so if Scott feels like it'd be worth the incredible
effort of going through his server logs to find out which machines were
responsible for how much credit, then more power to him.

Remember, it's about finding primes!  Not about something so petty as who is
in the "top producers" page.

At any rate, it wouldn't do any good to throw out the *results* of the work
done (even if they were *only* trial factoring results).  But I give my
hearty approval that, if you all think my credit should be removed for the
work done on US WEST machines, then do it.