Ernst W. Mayer wrote:

> ..if Spike gets to assume the speed of light is infinite (note that
> the quantum algorithm need not assume this to be effective), I get
> to assume there is no decoherence. In any case, thanks for an amusing
> posting, Spike!

That flight of fancy was in answer to a question by my mother of
all people.  After I explained Lucas Lehmer, she asked:  So, this
is a lot faster algorithm than factoring?

 I searched for some means of avoiding a truly comical understatement,
but was nearly powerless to do so.  After doing the exercise, I
came to appreciate the LL algorithm much more deeply.  Plus,
it convinced my mother to sign up for GIMPS, which brings
my recruiter's total to 3.  spike