All,
alright, everybody break it up!

>> Well, you've dropped the annoying Mandelbrot quote, but you're still
>> trying to stir up trouble on my favorite mailing list.
>
> I'm not trying to stir up trouble. However, between your insulting of my sig
> file (absent temporarily, due to my ISP's mail trouble and my consequently
> being stuck with usa.net's crummy web interface) and your accusing me of
> flame-baiting, I begin to suspect that you, who I formerly had not even
> noticed, are in fact trying to flame-bait the list.

I doubt that anyone was trying to flame-bait, [EMAIL PROTECTED] was mearly
over-reacting to Paul Derbyshire's over-reacting to a software bug.
Hey, I understand on both counts.  Most of us deeply respect George as
a brilliant organizer, and (at the very least) a very competent programmer, as
well as very good leader of a *fun* and *volunteer* project.

Here are my ideas on bugs:
Bugs happen! They're a fact of life, omnipresent in all software.
Bugs should allways be caught in the testing, but so often they aren't.
In the meantime, a subgroup of testers have been created which should
(hopefully) ensure that things like this cannot take place again.

>> a) This incident was well discussed when the bug was detected
>> about 9 weeks ago.
>
> I wasn't there then. Because of my F---ING ISP and their worthless mail
> system...

Ok, hopefully, you can see how your remarks seemed especially inflamatory, as
well as rude and stupid to someone without this knowledge.  However, now that
we all have this knowledge about your email, your remarks seem more reasonable, just
an over-reaction.

and remember,
A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the conditions
that make it fail.
                -- Jerry Ogdin
-Lucas Wiman