I've been looking through various bits of factoring code and I really
can't find any speed increases, unsuprisingly :). Managed to get some very
nice equations out of euler's algorithm, but none that compute any
faster...

However, a couple of things did crop up. Firstly, if two numbers have a
similar binary expansion, e.g. only the last few bit are different,
although it would double memory requirements, ould it be worth trying to
factor both at the same time?

Also, to ease finding factors, using a number which is a multiple of 8 is
a good idea. However, how much work has been done on checking other mods
other than 120? Like 80, or even 720 to see what happens? just
wondering...

Chris Jefferson, Girton College, Cambridge, [EMAIL PROTECTED]