> I've got several UltraSPARCs I've pressed into service and currently
> have 7 exponents checked out being tested with MacLucasUNIX.

> It's doing fractionally more than one iteration every second. That's
> judging by the times between checkpoint files at 5000 iterations
> between checkpoints. So far it's used 716.7 hours of CPU. At this rate
> it's probably done a bit over 2,500,000 iterations or is about
> one-third of
> the way there.
>
> Is this about right for this type of system?
>
> Details:-
>
> Ultra-5 270Mhz CPU, 128Mb RAM
> Solaris 7
> gcc version 2.8.1

It's been noted that GCC isn't the best at compiling under Solaris, for this
type of code anyway.  Someone else (my brother?) will probably have more
info on this.

Unfortunately, the Sun I was supposed to get showed up while I was on
vacation, and some other group managed to "steal" it away before I could put
up a fight for it. :-(  I think they're getting my RS/6000's also! Double
:-(  At least I got lots of P-166's...

Aaron