This confuses me... slashdot carried this story in the last 48 hours (at
least I think it was them; I can't find the link now), but I thought it
was very clear that CompaQ was dropping only the 32-Bit Windows dvelopment
from Alpha, and KEEPING 64-Bit.  The CNN story definitely leads you to
believe that ALL NT support is being dropped.

As much as I applaud forcing Microsoft to evolve by threatening them with
rival operating systems, I can't imagine Compaq could completely drop NT
support from the Alpha and not lost major revenue.  Anyone closer to this
know the story?

---Chip

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Check out
>
> www.cnn.com/tech/computing/9908/24/nt.dump.idg/index.html
>
> I wonder whether this tells us more about WinNT, the Alpha platform's future,
> or Compaq's financial state?
>
> -Ernst

       \\ ^ //
        (o o)
| Chip Lynch            |   Computer Guru            |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |                            |
| (703) 465-4176   (w)  |   (202) 362-7978   (h)     |