> >   By the end of next week I will remove the mailing list
> > archive search function.  The index for the archive occupies
> > 1/3 of my disk quota.  Considering how little it has been
> > used, I can make better use of this disk space.  I hope
> > someone else would be willing to rebuild the index and host
> > it.  The mailing list messages up to Feb. 98 can be found
> > below (about 4.2Mb).
>
> Why not host it on xoom.com or something?  They offer
> free unlimited space.

'Free' webservers like xoom.com generally don't allow any custom scripting,
further, don't they insert spam on every page?  no thanks!

actually, I have my own webserver here at home now, its a linux box on a
768k SDSL line and it has plenty of space.  But I've got no experience in
setting up a mail list archive w/ a useful search capability.  if someone
else wants to do this, I'd be glad to setup an account for them to work in,

-jrp