Robert van der Peijl wrote:

> He further writes:
>  There are some Linux folks that like the present program because it
>  doesn't use X-windows.

I certainly do! A program like mprime that is supposed to run in
background at all times should not depend on a X server running. Maybe
the setup could be handled similar to the NT service version, with the
actual client running without screen I/O in background, and a GUI
program to handle .ini file setting, Status reports, etc. Since the GUI
would not involve any speed-critical code, perhaps it could even be
written in TCL/TK or somesuch.

Also, while a bit unrelated, I would rather like a command line driven
option of mprime, perhaps like the perl one-liner option -e, i.e.

mprime -d -e "ECM=727,44000000,0,1,0,0,0,64"

to do a single curve on M727 and ignoring worktodo.ini. I guess there is
a feature freeze on v19.0, but perhaps this can go in a future version
of mprime?

And sometimes it would be handy to have an option to unreserve specific
exponents from within Prime95, like you can do on the Manual Testing web
pages of Primenet.

Ciao,
  Alex.