The Lucas-Lehmer test seems pretty magical to me and I have wanted to see a
full proof of the theorem for some time.

For a long time, there has been a proof online that M(p) divides the term in
the LL sequence means that M(p) is prime but
I had still never seen the other half.  So I worked out the rest of a proof.

If interested, please take a look at http://www.jt-actuary.com/lucas-le.htm.
I see one "typo" where the "less than" symbol (<) displays incorrectly
online.
There may be other typos and even errors.  (Well, I can hope not...)

If this seems readable, would anyone want it linked in to a FAQ?
(Not my call.  I just wanted a proof.)

Trivial note:  back in the summer of 1968, I was one of a bunch of high
school kids who met
DH Lehmer (son of the Lehmer of LL fame, also a UC Berkeley math professor)
in the basement of
one of the engineering buildings at Berkeley.  (It may have been a math
building then, but the location
is now an engineering building and the math buildings were in three other
spots even then.)

He showed us his "DLS-127" (Delay Line Sieve).  This was one of the best
prime-crunchers of the 1960's.
As I recall, it was an ANALOG computer based on very precise inductors.

Thanks,

Joth