'ello. This is quoting multiple people. They know who they are. Most of this
is s'posed to be funny, by the way. :-D

<<It suddenly links up to the server and downloads new exponens....I am sure
testing LL 9xxxxxx is enough on a cyrix....its my baby!>>

<<You shouldn't run LL tests on a Cyrix -- factoring will utilize your CPU
much better (since Cyrixes are so bad at LL testing.). But you probably
know that already.>>

</JOKE> Intel is the one true path, the middle way to Nerdvana. All other
chipmakers shall pale in comparison to the glorious might of Integrated
Electronics! </JOKE>

Seriously, I can't wait for the Merced. Better yet, McKinley. *drool* Watch
Prime95 on those chips, whoo!

<<Very dissappointed at the supplementation and interface....>>

Hrm. GIMPS gives you several FAQs, websites, easy-to-contact designers, a
mailing list, etc. Doc files aren't that good anyways. Disappointmentville.

<<The GIMPS software was never designed to be user-friendly -- it was designed
to be fast. If that doesn't suit you (and it doesn't suit many people), you
are entirely free to choose a different project.>>

Preach it, brother! Testify! Gooeys would make Prime95 bloated and (in all
likelihood) slower. Not to mention create places for bugs to creep in.

<<Now what is wrong with .txt files?>>

.TXT files are the one true document file. Pure ASCII.... bring it on!
Mathematical notation in .TXT isn't easy, though. It's a conspiracy.

<<FOR GOD SAKE GIVE ME A USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE, PROPER HELP MENU....>>

Give me a DOS-based command line (yet Win98 background-running capability)
with a really nasty, God-awful set of fifteen switches that must be ordered
in a precise way depending on the phase of the moon. :-P

Now for the serious part:

Lighten up. Ask questions 'bout whatever you're confused 'bout on the mailing
list and the nice people here will help you. GIMPS is a great project.

S. "Property of Billy and Andy" L.