>Dave has at least 80 exponents reserved between 2.4M and
>3.99M.   Eighty.   Almost all are less than suspected M37.   It is a
>certainty that without poaching, we will have to wait until late 2000 or
>later to prove M37, because Dave is trying to do all the double-checking
>singlehandedly.

Not so long ago David send a mail to this list on how he's doing this.
He said:

  And now the hard and real important part:

  monitor your Account report EVERY DAY (I can't stress this enough, because

  EVERY DAY 4-5 new exponent are going to be assigned to you, if you are
only
  able to monitor your account on the weekend modify the part* schedule and
  Time setting, to fit your need) and keep ONLY 60 days of work for your
  computer, use the release form on PrimeNet to release high exponent that
you
  can't complete in 60 Days. and reorder your assignment so that the
smallest
  exponent are finished first.

So he takes only 60 days of work for each pc.

>Most of Dave's assignments have gone untouched for 30 - 90 days.

That those exponents have gone untouched is because he is scheduling the
lowest
exponents first and they are finished within 3 or 4 while a lot of other
exponents
take months. I saw some exponents that would expire in a few days and then
the data
gets updated and it takes another 60 days before the exponents expire while
the LL
test wasn't even started on those exponents.

I think David is doing a good job in completing the milestones MUCH faster.
He never poaches an exponent but lets the exponents asing by the server.
Although i agree with you that he could release some of the higher exponents
for so
that others could test them.

>If Dave gets poached, I won't shed a tear.

Nobody should poach PERIOD

>Any defense you'd like to offer for holding 9 months' work, I'll listen to,

>but I doubt you'll come up with anything convincing.

Like he said befor No more than 60 thays for each machine

Sander