Hi, I have been considering the possible role pi might play in the
progression of mersennes.  It is generally accepted that the value of pi is
a never ending series.

But when I look at the circle, the formula for the area of a circle with a
radius of 6 inches is: A=pi*r^2 =  3.1416 * (6)^2 = 113.0976.

We did not, however, use the full and correct expansion of pi in the
calculation.

Pi has been figured out to over a billion (not sure of the exact figure)
digits with no apparent end or pattern.

But when I look at a circle I see a finite area within the circle with no
means of growing or escape.  Logic seems to indicate that pi would have to
be a finite exact value since the area in the circle is finite.

So, either the figure for pi is in error (not likely) or pi has a end.

The end.
What say ye?
Dan