That may be true for some businesses, certainly not all.  Encouragement that
is, not _not _ making money!

I've won money from computational number theory, most recently from the
512-bit RSA factorization.  All of my winnings are immediately donated to
charity.  Colleagues in other companies have a similar policy.

Paul