> I vote no, if anyone's counting.

(A), It's not a vote,

> Stephan, if compressing it is that important to you, why not just compress
> your own copy?

(B), I have, but everyone should enjoy the benefits of having a smaller
Prime95 executable, as minor as they may be.

>  It really sounds as though many of the resident list experts
> feel this is a bad idea.

(C), Some people were (and some still are) confused: packing an executable
does _not_ have to be undone by the end user; in fact, the end user need
never ever EVER know about it.  There _are_no_drawbacks_.  No compute cost,
no memory cost, only a space savings.  Which isn't bad.  Few things in life
come with no drawbacks.  Take advantage of the ones that do.

Packed executables also have an advantage on networked systems: they can be
transmitted to other computers faster, thereby creating the illusion of
increased startup speed.  Although I don't think Prime95 can be run this way
(it needs local copies, no?).

Stephan T. Lavavej