> >We could let prime95 decide the next election <grin>.
> >Give everybody a different prime number. Multiply the primes for
> candidate A together, likewise for B.
>
> And like in this election, unless we can completely factor
> the results,
> we wouldn't know who won, either.
>
> :)

I note the smiley, but I also assume that we know the original primes as
well, as it's built into the double voting detection mechanism.  If after
dividing through all allocated primes the residue is > 1, we can conclude
that at least one voter registered a protest by spoiling their ballot paper.
Note that we also know who did *not* vote, if their prime doesn't appear in
either product.

A major problem with this protocol as I see it is that a third party can
steal your vote by stealing your prime and using it first.