At 01:49 PM 5/12/2001 -0400, George Woltman wrote:
There were 37 on April 15 and 59 on March 11.  With a little patience we will
>get there.

OK.  My 300 MHz P-II has been doing double checks for months and it does
one of that size in about 20 days or so.  Since only 9 have been finished
in the last 28 days either the remainder are running on much slower
machines than mine, or they have been abandoned.

>The "makes the most sense" assignments are based strictly on CPU speed.
>My theory is that the average user with a slowish machine would rather
>complete one double-check in a month or two rather than wait 4 times as
>long for a first time check.

That's true.  My last first-time check took 3 months, which is why I went
to double checking, which take about 3 weeks.

...All 4 results will be returned in 44 days.

Great!

|     Jud McCranie                   |
| former temporary part-time adjunct |
| instructor of a minor university   |