On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 09:40:04PM +0000, Russel Brooks wrote:

> ID: rlbrooks
> 866MHz P3 & 450MHz P2 (& 133MHz P1 doing factoring)

I took the liberty of running you though my perl script that
tells you more or less what you want to know, the results are.

Run Date: Sat 21 Jul 2001
Participants counted: 22,255
Extra details for user ID: rlbrooks

 Position   User Name      CPU Years    Exponents    CPU P90
                                         Tested     Hrs Per Day

   997   rlbrooks            14.568         76        222.96
  142 people are faster than you but behind you,
at an average speed of   330.62 CPU hours per day
they are approximately     7.89 years behind you.
You will be in the center of the chasing pack in
something like   636.91 days.

  357 people are slower than you but in front of you,
at an average speed of   162.09 CPU hours per day
they are approximately     5.08 years in front of you.
You should be in the middle of the pack that you are
chasing in something like   725.63 days.
---- End of script results -------------------------

>From this I deduce that you are set to overtake more
people than will overtake yourself, but given the
timescales involved, many people will upgrade their
processors within the next 725 days, one of those
people may be you so really the results don't tell
you very much do they:-)

The script is called primestats and is available from
my web page in the "CGI & Linux Stuff", section, there
is documentation and a sample report bundled with the
script.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:04am  up 7 days,  5:05,  2 users,  load average: 1.12, 1.31, 1.23