On 12 Nov 2001, at 3:37, Daran wrote:

> > * Over 70,000 double-checks completed.
> > * Over 100,000 exponents tested for the first time!
>
> Does this mean that we're not doing enough double-checking?

Seems to imply that about 40% more first tests are being
completed than double checks. If so then the gap between
exponents assigned for first tests and exponents assigned for
double-checking will continue to grow.

Personally I think the cut-off point may be a bit on the low side. If a
"typical" DC assignment on a particular system takes less than
ten days then IMHO the system concerned should be running first
tests. That criterion puts the cut-off point somewhere around 600
MHz.

But, as many people have pointed out in the past, what does it
matter if people want to run first tests on "slow" systems? The
work still gets done in the end!