OK, since I only received a location preference from one
person (thanks, Spike!), their vote gets counted:

WHAT: 3rd not-quite-annual San Francisco Bay Area GIMPS
      Get-together

WHO:  Any GIMPS member (we'll take your word for it :) or
      prime number enthusiast. Bring a friend/spouse
      /significant other/not-so-significant other

WHEN: Friday, 7. December. Drinks start at 6pm, dinner@7

WHERE: Tied House Cafe & Brewery
       954 Villa Street
       Mountain View CA
       650-965-2739 (see description below)

        *       *       *

I was going to offer a large couch in my apartment to
anyone who needs a place to stay overnight, but that's
already been taken by one of the attendees who asked. If
anyone else who plans to attend needs or can offer a
place to stay the night, please let me know.

Re. Rides: John Pierce has kindly offered rides in his
new mega-mobile-SUV-kind-of-vehicle to folks from the
Santa Cruz area. If you live (say) in Monterey or Pacific
Grove, you'll probably want to meet him at some
convenient location in SC. John says this thing even has
captain's chairs, so if you want to sit in one of those,
practice your 'Star Trek' phrases, you know, "Make it
so," "Steady as she goes, Helm," "Scotty, I need warp
now," and so forth. (I never did figure out the first
name of that "Helm" fellow - Matt, perhaps? :)

- Peter Montgomery (assuming he can make it that evening)
  needs a ride from the North Bay, preferably from Marin
  County, but I believe he can also meet someone in San
  Francisco, if needed.

- If anyone else needs/can share a ride, let me know.

        *       *       *

Here is the venue description from citysearch.com:

Restaurant Review
(I've added some very minor comments of my own, enclosed
in [] - EWM.)

Brews We Like
The Cascade Amber is the most popular, and is quite good.
The Alpine Gold ale is clean in both hop aroma and
finish. Look for seasonal brews such as the strong IPA
[Or the M#39 Pale Ale].

Bites We Like
Stay away from anything that sounds complicated (citrus
shrimp, apple gorgonzola salad, [generalized Fermat
primes,] et cetera). Stick with pub grub like the
burgers, sausage sampler plate and the huge black bean
nachos.

The Look
Big beer halls with tall ceilings to accommodate the huge
vats full of tasty brews [and future world-record-prime
posters]. The San Jose location has a particularly
attractive patio area.

The Crowd
Young professionals mingle with serious beer snobs in a
sports-fan-[and-number-theory-]friendly environment.

The Critics Agree
The Tied House beers have received many awards for the
brews, including 13 [a Mersenne prime exponent] Great
American Beer Festival medals.

[tip sheet]
One of Silicon Valley's Best
Nominated for best brewpub for its comfortable atmosphere
and quality beers.

Catch a Show
Grab a brew before a show. The Mountain View location is
near Shoreline Amphitheatre

Another Good Brewpub
Try the Los Gatos Brewing Company [maybe next time.]

I look forward to seeing my fellow GIMPSers there!

-Ernst