Dear All,

I am often impressed by the amount of detail with which some posters to this
list describe technical details and trouble-shooting procedures. In fact, it
seems a shame that only a few interested parties get to read them at a time,
before they disappear.

Okay, so there are probably searchable archives out there but are they really in
a useable indexed form?

In view of this situation:

Does anyone have any ideas for:
1. Having a "librarian" to create a "real FAQ" - not just the questions people
are expected to ask but the ones they really do.
2. "Open sourcing" collected material so that if one site goes down forever etc
someone else can repost the entire volume.
3. Creating a system whereby multiple people can maintain an FAQ volume to avoid
overloading a single person.

Okay, this suggestion isn't strictly on topic, but I believe that:
1. The documentation relating to GIMPS could do with improving.
2. The people who know most about it are too busy working on the algorithms to
write documentation!
3. The collected trouble-shooting tips on this list (perhaps anonymised) would
be ideal.

Yours,

======= Gareth Randall =======