----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Blosser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I doubt George would be interested in working in a little simple zip
> routine when saving/reading save files?  It might slow it down too
much
> for some folks (although honestly, it takes a fraction of a second to
> zip using the lowest compression level), but maybe a nice option for
> those looking to save a bit of space when testing large exponents.
> Especially if you save interim files or have 2 saved files... the
space
> savings would add up quickly.

My vote goes towards leaving Prime95 just the way it is... I prefer to
have a program do one thing well rather than have it try to do
everything under the sun...

It is *so* easy to script these files to be compressed and backed up,
even in Windows... I know very little about Windows scripting since I
come from a Unix background, but I was able to whip a "batch file"
together in less than 5 minutes that does the job for me... If I can do
it anyone can...

Maybe there is a market for an additional program to manage save
files... Setiathome is notorious for having oodles of add-on programs to
add functionality...

I personally would like to see Prime95 go the other direction to a
simpler CLI interface, like Mlucas, but I'm sure I'm in the minority...
(BTW, Mlucas rules!)

I do miss the old days when things were simpler (I bet George doesn't,
though!) but time marches on...

Mike (Xyzzy)