...Almost want a "three strikes and you're out" :-)

Seriously, though, if this is a widespread problem then we should consider some
sort of web-based form or automated e-mail confirmation system where the user
basically says "Yes, I'm about to request a stack of exponents and I am serious
- this is not a download script gone wrong."

I related idea is: first-time users could be allowed to reserve one or two
exponents, then the more completed results they return the more allocation they
get. Okay this doesn't directly address the problem of a rogue machine in a
trusted team, unless you limited by machine too, but I thought I'd mention it as
any redesign of the allocation system to address poaching could incorporate such
things.

I'm not being too sepcific because I know that if this has value then other
people will draw the complete picture.

--
======= Gareth Randall =======