At 06:19 AM 4/22/2002 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I've been running Prime95 on my 2 pc's since January
>2002, I started using it as a benchmark to test the
>system I just built and ended up starting my own team on
>2 pcs. My new system has an AMD Athalon 1400mhz
>processor and has been crunching the numbers in about 3
>weeks or so and my per iteration time has always been
>around 0.098 to 0.099, Since I got my newest number
>(33238643), My per iteration time has gone up to 0.250
>to 0.259 and my status tells me it wont finish until
>August 12th. Thats almost 4 months, any suggestions?
>Should I or can I go to advanced menu and Unreserve the
>exponent and get another one?

You're testing a much bigger number (10 million digits).  Many, if not
most, members don't test these numbes precisely because they require
several times the amount of time to test.

If you don't want to compete for the somewhat larger prize, and just want
to run tests that will finish more quickly, it might be good to unreserve
the exponent (after setting the system to do the type of testing you want).

Nathan