Does anyone know which parts of the ll test are due to lucas and which to Lehmer?
Specifically was the MODing at the end of the function known to Lucas, or was it an addition of Lehmer's.

I am trying to design a ball machine that will prove m(127) prime using technology no more advanced than that which Lucas would have had.

Type of machine I mean is found here

I envision a machine with one track per place value.
I would square 194 by adding 194 4 times, shifting adding 1940 9 times then adding 19400.
When the number was large enough to MOD base N,  I would append zeros to N until it was the largest without going over
and subtract that number, then remove a zero and repeat. 8567 mod 2 subtract 2000 as many times as possible then do it for 200 the 20 then 2.
The subtract 2 would be easy.

Once the MOD was complete. I would send it back to the multiplying section, removing a ball from a counter to keep track of how many cycles I was going through.

If the number is prime the final tray will be empty. if not, it will contain the final MOD.

Thanks,
Frank Anzalone