At 06:01 PM 7/17/2002 -0400, A & T Schrum wrote:
>No go. The box was unchecked. I checked it, restarted Prime95, and the
>error message was not there. So I unchecked it, restarted Prime95, and the
>error message came back.

I reactivated an old Win98 box for debugging.  You are correct.  The
error message is harmless.  I've got a fix ready for download at
ftp://mersenne.org/p95v227.zip

The only new feature a v22.7 is SSE2 based trial factoring for factors
above 2^64.  It is about 4 times faster than v22.6.  Since most P4 users
are getting assigned prefactored exponents, the speedup is of no value.
However, if you are working on 10 million digit numbers, you may get
assigned a number that needs factoring and the new code will certainly help.