> Not all P4's have hyper threading & not all motherboards
> support it on top of that.  So it requires a HT enabled CPU,
> HT enabled Motherboard, & HT supported OS for HT to function.

Hmm... Yeah, I thought about that but I guess I just assumed he knew he had
a hyper-threading CPU.

Isn't it just the P4 Xeon's that have that?  Obviously not all P4's have
'em.  I have a P4 laptop and it doesn't have hyper-threading... Wish it did.

The P4 "Extreme Edition" should be shipping now... Has the 2MB L2 cache and
hyperthreading, just like the Xeon's do.

<http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/processors/pentium4HTXE/index.htm?iid
=HPAGE+low_prod_031103&>

Yeah baby... Me wants one of those. :)

PS - Oh... I just checked... I guess "regular" P4's do have hyperthreading
as well, but only in certain models (2.4GHz or faster).  My puny laptop is
only a 1.7GHz P4. :(  No hyperthreading for me.

Here's a link to the Intel hyperthreading page:
<http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/processors/pentium4/index.htm?iid=ipp
_htm+p4p&>