On 08/18/2011 01:23 PM, Kenneth Graunke wrote:
On 08/18/2011 12:02 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Eric Anholt<e...@anholt.net>  wrote:
+   bool progress = true;
+   while (progress) {
+      progress = false;
+      progress = dead_code_eliminate() || progress;

|| progress is always false, though maybe it's just written like that
to match the style of the code.

I'd have just written this as

bool progress;
do {
     progress = dead_code_eliminate();
} while (progress)

Matt

The idea is that we'll add more passes later, so eventually, progress
won't just be false.  Using the do-while loop is probably clearer though.

If that's the case (that we'll add more passes later), this should have been noted in the commit msg. It would have prevented people from scratching their heads about the logic.