Hi Samuel,

On 10 February 2017 at 13:41, Samuel Pitoiset <samuel.pitoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mesa currently doesn't allow to create 3.1+ compatibility profiles
> mainly because various features are unimplemented and bugs can
> happen.
>
> However, some buggy apps request a compat profile without using
> any old features but they fail to start because Mesa clamps the
> GLSL version to 130 for compat.

Afaict this statement matches the implementation, yet both differ from
the override name.
The implementation below is "force_glsl_compat_version".

I think it's not unreasonable to have both - force_compat_profile and
force_glsl_compat_version.

Personally, I'd opt for landing this/similar workarounds in parallel
with reaching out to the developers.
Should they reply/address the issue - great, otherwise we get to keep
dozens of users away from proprietary drivers ;-)

Tl;Dr; Yes please, name is a bit misleading though.

Cheers,
Emil