On 9/9/18 9:35 PM, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 3:19 PM, Axel Davy <davyax...@gmail.com> wrote:
For now clamp for all drivers. An ulterior optimization
would be to avoid clamping for drivers with MUL_ZERO_WINS
for the specific shader versions where NV or AMD don't
clamp.
Too bad. The whole point of this feature was for nine to use it.
Should we just drop that logic?

   -ilia

I have lost my notes on the detailed results of my tests on the 3 vendors (and the test itself).
But I plan on finding them back and complete them.
Then I want to send a patch to remove any clamping when possible.

I remember there was some weird behaviours depending of whether it is vs or ps and shader version,
but that mostly we should be able to get rid of the clamping in most cases.

Axel