On 12/09/2019 04:07 PM, Dylan Baker wrote:
Hi everyone,

I think its time we discussed whether we're going to continue to do patch review
on the mailing list, or if it it should all go through gitlab. I think we should
stop using the mailing list, here are some reasons:

1) Most development is happening on gitlab at this point, patches on the mailing
    list are often overlooked
2) The mailing list bypasses CI which potentially breaks the build
3) Probably more reasons I'm forgetting.

I've had little time for Mesa work the past 18 months.  But I'd say:

1. I don't think the mesa-dev list should be shut down nor purged from the documentation.

2. I think the complete workflow for submitting patches via gitlab MRs should be documented on the Mesa site. Being a gitlab newbie I wasted a lot of time a few months ago trying to figure out the details. Mesa's "Submitting Patches" page is kind of a mess. It would be great if someone could work on that.

Someone mentioned hardly reading the mailing list anymore. I still haven't gotten into the habit of monitoring the MRs page...

-Brian