On 12/11/2019 10:42 AM, Jason Ekstrand wrote:
On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM Michel Dänzer <mic...@daenzer.net <mailto:mic...@daenzer.net>> wrote:

    On 2019-12-11 5:47 p.m., Brian Paul wrote:

     > I've had little time for Mesa work the past 18 months.

    That makes me sad, I hope you'll have more time again in the future.

Between family life and VMware work, there's little left over. I'll be lurking if nothing else.

     > 1. I don't think the mesa-dev list should be shut down nor purged
    from
     > the documentation.

    Yeah, I don't think anybody seriously suggested the list should be shut
    down, just that GitLab is now preferred for patch submission & review.

     > Someone mentioned hardly reading the mailing list anymore.  I still
     > haven't gotten into the habit of monitoring the MRs page...

    Instead of monitoring a web page, I recommend setting up notifications
    via the bell icon on https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa

<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.freedesktop.org%2Fmesa%2Fmesa&data=02%7C01%7Cbrianp%40vmware.com%7Cb98a9677779240530d4908d77e61906d%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637116829815378870&sdata=vENdTPXFgRswVXvIKNhfYf7G3msmOTYYcJ2MAvU%2BKxc%3D&reserved=0>
    [0]. If
    you select "Custom", you can select in detail which events you want to
    get notification e-mails for. Check "New merge request" to get an e-mail
    for each new MR created. Then you can either enable notifications for
    other MR events here as well, or enable all notifications for MRs you're
    interested in using the "Notifications" switch in the right hand panel
    on each MR's page.

Thanks for the tip! That's the kind of thing that would be useful to document.

You can also subscribe to specific labels which is what I've done.  That way I get e-mails about anything going on in NIR or our Vulkan driver but don't have to see every nouveau MR.

Are labels put on MRs automatically or does the person submitting have to do that manually?

-Brian