On 2020-08-03 6:15 p.m., Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 11:12 AM Kenneth Graunke <kenn...@whitecape.org> wrote:
>>
>> Seems reasonable to me...in the old Subversion days, we called it
>> 'trunk'...then 'master' with Git...but calling the main development
>> branch 'main' is arguably the simplest and most descriptive term.
>>
>> One thing we'll have to coordinate: getting Gitlab CI / Marge and the
>> Intel Mesa CI to switch over at the right time, so we don't end up
>> breaking/interrupting those services.  Should be easy, just requires
>> a bit of coordination.
>
> Yup, I threw Daniel onto the CC of this e-mail explicitly for that
> reason.  We may also want to coordinate with the rest of fd.o so that
> everyone chooses the same new mainline branch name.  I just added
> Michel to the CC as he's doing lots of CI stuff and might be a good
> person to help coordinate there.

AFAICT only the '$CI_COMMIT_REF_NAME == "master"' test in the
.gitlab-ci.yml "pages" job definition needs to be extended / changed to
cover the new branch name as well / instead. Other than that, no changes
should be necessary for Marge or GitLab CI in general. (Failure to adapt
the pages job means the public website wouldn't get updated to reflect
changes in the tree)

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com