Two cents, sorry if too obvious.

If you want to try to squeeze more performance here, it seems valid to try
to fallback to full comparison in case of collision. The algorithm will be
correct irrespective of your (bad luck) with hash collisions, and at worst,
with an insignificant probability, the time cost is O(n*n), but the typical
cost will remain close to always O(n).

That way you try cheaper hashing algorithms without worry.

Regards.