On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Ilia Mirkin <imir...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Matt Turner <matts...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Aditya Avinash <adityaavina...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Can I join them? I have good knowledge on Tessellation using proprietary
>>> drivers.
>>
>> I don't think Summer of Code allows people to work together on the
>> same project. Then again, I don't know that anyone has heard from
>> Fabian (Cc'd) since he sent some piglit tests at the end of March. His
>> github activity seems to have stopped around the same time. Since the
>> coding start date was May 19th, I'm a bit concerned.
>>
>> GSoC's midterm date is June 27th, less than three weeks away. It's an
>> awkward situation in which we want to let Fabian do the project he was
>> accepted for, but if we can't get in contact with him we don't want to
>> prevent others from making progress. Let's see if we hear something
>> from him soon.
>>
>>> I don't know where to start. Can you provide me some documentation on it?
>>
>> Presumably you want to implement tessellation for Radeon hardware?
>> There's a lot of common infrastructure needed first (the GLSL compiler
>> lives in src/glsl).
>
> What was the scope of the GSoC? Even if GLSL + mesa/core supports it,
> a bunch of stuff would need to be piped through to gallium, for
> nouveau and radeon to support it. (And the nvc0 driver already has a
> bunch of provisional support for it, waiting for the gallium
> interfaces to materialize.)

The short description is "Implementation of the
ARB_tessellation_shader extension in Mesa This includes * Piglit tests
* Mesa front-end implementation * GLSL compiler support for two new
shader targets * driver back-end implementation"

The backend implementation is for IvyBridge. I'm not sure if I'm
allowed or should post more of the proposal.

But, I'm not sure what point you're making?