On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Brian Paul wrote:

>   I'm unable to
> use gdb because when the crash occurs the X server is grabbed by
> Quake so mouse & keyboard are dead.  If I don't use gdb the
> segfault terminates Quake and X server is unlocked.  I've been
> using asserts and printf's to track it this far.

It's at times like this that the ability to rlogin from another
machine becomes *invaluable*.  I have an ancient '486 that I
can use to do that kind of thing. That means that you can fire
up gdb no matter how screwed up the system is.

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.hti.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1