I've optimized dithered 16bpp TrueColor (5r-6g-5b) in the X driver.
Basically, I added a new pixel format case: PF_DITHER_5R6G5B.  I
haven't benchmarked it but it seems to work correctly and should
be a little faster than before.

Also, I've rewritten most of the 24bpp TrueColor code to make it
cleaner and more efficient.  However, I haven't tested this since
my card doesn't support 24bpp (only 8, 16, 32).  If anyone runs in
24bpp mode and finds a bug let me know.

I've also checked in Pete French's latest OpenStep/NeXT changes for 3.1.

Finally, I've been doing minor clean-up in some of the source files
like api*.c.  I encourage everyone to clean-up and comment their code
when you've got the time.  Don't be surprised if I do it otherwise.

-Brian