On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:04:49 -0700, Keith Whitwell wrote:

>Can't we have a prebuilt ./configure in the repository?

This is generally considered to be a Bad Idea, since configure is
autogenerated code and it's easy to forget to update it before checking
in changes (and it wastes space). The general model is for the
cvs developers to install autoconf and friends; configure *is* included
in any source distributions so others can use that. 'make dist' then
takes care of keeping it up-to-date.

That said, I've included configure in the glx module cvs. :) We're
maintaining a dual build system (autoconf and a menuconf script+imake)
and I thought that was the best way to get people to test. Also, cvs is
our only source distribution method at the moment. The expectation is
we'll take it out when more people are using it/we start making
snapshots available.

Just my 0.08 bits,
 -ralph

---
Please cc me on replies, I'm only pretending to be on the list.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]